Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
MeanGreg

dst upgrade exam?

right! guyz n galz! I really need one thing straightened out here. I've been on the impression for a while that there's only one (upgrade) exam towards MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician for MCDST holders. However I also keep getting told otherwise from several sources, that it will consist of two exams:

•Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring

•Exam 70-685: Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician What Happens Next?

Does anyone know if this upgrade/bridge exam actually exist for MCDST holders, or will we have to completely recertify via the 2 exams?

Thanks a mill folks.

Greg

• Downvote 2

Hi there!

Your assumption is correct. There exists a Windows 7 upgrade exam 70-682 for MCDSTs and MCITP:EDSTs. It includes both exams 70-680 and 70-685.

Although it might still be possible for an MCDST to upgrade to MCITP:EDST (Windows Vista) instead, it is not recommended, since Windows 7 DSTs are already more on demand.

You might want to check the official Microsoft Site on exam 70-682 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-682

Feel free to reply here if you have any additional questions.

Good luck & regards,

Charger

It is still possible to upgrade the MCDST to the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (Vista) with one exam 70-621, I should have upgraded to the Win 7 version but I had a brain fart.

Edited by DerekW

It is still possible to upgrade the MCDST to the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (Vista) with one exam 70-621, I should have upgraded to the Win 7 version but I had a brain fart.

Any question? what is wrong ?