Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
alphaomegait

CCIE Security track started

Ordered a bundle from ipexpert for the CCIE Sec. a few days ago. I had really been on the fence about even trying this but the death of the technical lead on my team plus the advancement of the other technical lead has put me in the spot with a bunch of jr. tech that are strong in router switch but no one but me can work on firewalls.

So, with a lot of natural interested and having completed the CCSP/CCNP-S in the last 6 months I am pushing forward with this. I have no idea if I can pass it but I know I will be smarter for trying and most everything on the blueprint I do for my daily job.

1st ACS/AAA command authorization. I have to get the jr techs a way to look at device they have never had a need to look at and I need to limit the commands, IOS and ASA's have to be configured. So far, I have managed to lock myself out of my lab several times, lol.

Good luck on your journey. As you mentioned, even if you don't achieve the coveted CCIE you will still learn a lot in the process that will help you in your career. Always remember that it's a marathon not a sprint. Keep us posted on how you get along.

Got the IP Expert lab books and read the 1st ASA lab. I knew how to do most of it but I need to stop using tghe GUI so much, because it looks like this is all command line.

I put a 2811 with an IPS module in my office and unboxed my new IPS 4260. Got to move the MARS unit into my office along with an ASA to lab MARS for deployment and hopefully learn some CCIE Sec stuff for the ASA and IPS.

MARS is EOL :( Talked to the SE and he said Cisco is renaming and dropping support of non cisco equipment on the next release.

Today was MARS all day. Plan on trying to finish planning for the install and then lab a couple of IPS's in my office to plan the deployment. IPexpert hard drive came today, so I can start looking through their IPS content. Excited about the redesign of the IPS and implementation of MARS to replace our past product.

Tomorrow is UVN testing on the new N7K's at the new DC's. It is raining new equipment in my office....