Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
concico

802.11n

4 posts in this topic

I all..

i want to know which is the coverage Area of a AP using the 802.11n standard respect the same AP using 802.11g...

The EIRP limitation are the same?

The number of non interfering channel are the some?? (3, and 4 in UAE)...

Can coexist a 802.11n network and a 802.11b network???

I need some documentations on this...

Who can advice a book or some documents (i prefer cisco)...??

I'm starting reading "Cisco.Press.Designing.and.Deploying.802.11n.Wireless.Networks"

There are other usefull material???

Thank you in advance

Edited by concico

N range while better overall from g is kinda immaterial, because you still need to plan for bandwidth. The most extreme example of this that I’ve seen is a Moto 7131/650 is able to cover 250,000 ²/ft while its predecessor 5131/300 could only reliability cover about half that. Btw a Cisco 1252 is a 1242 that supports HT rates, it’s not a true n radio, haven’t touched a 1262 yet.

EIRP is the same, it’s still 2.4/5GHz, but unless it’s PtP/PtMP you need less.

Yes, 3 20MHz channels in 2.4GHz, not sure what they are for 5GHz in UAE.

Are you asking if your WLAN is n and your neighbors are all b, will it work, yes. Or are you asking if an n AP can support a/b/g clients, sure.

http://standards.ieee.org/about/get/802/802.11.html , unbiased non-vendor garbage

N range while better overall from g is kinda immaterial, because you still need to plan for bandwidth. The most extreme example of this that I’ve seen is a Moto 7131/650 is able to cover 250,000 ²/ft while its predecessor 5131/300 could only reliability cover about half that. Btw a Cisco 1252 is a 1242 that supports HT rates, it’s not a true n radio, haven’t touched a 1262 yet.

I'm very interested in this...

I'm considering Motorola Mesh Duo...

Can you tell me if there are some important consideration on the design and also if you have encountered some difficulties??

Can you tell me in which aspects Motorola can offer better performance than Cisco (1522 AP Outdoor)???

(Then i have to design another CIsco network using 1552 AP, but this is not a problem now)

Thanks

Edited by concico

Here’s the thing with most mesh AP’s, they’re just mesh versions of their standard AP’s, even Moto’s 7181 is really just a 7131. Aruba which bought Azalea last year is going to release 4 radio n mesh AP’s by middle of this year, I’ve used their prototypes while attending Aruba mesh training last month, this stuff is much more flexible than any others product, except maybe Belair’s “beer keg”, AP200. These are the AP’s that were used for the Beijing Olympics, MSR2000’s.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/wireless-mesh-routers.php

Let me know if you have any questions.

btw the coverage cell mentioned for a 7131 is indoors with rubber-duckies.