Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
forbiddenforest

ASA, Router VPN connection

hi all

I have 15 locations (but I have mentioned 3 only) and more than 100 vehicles moving around the different cities I want to connect these 15 locations with each other using dedicate fiber optic and 100 vehicles can communication any location using satellite link I want to establish VPN connection between vehicles and locations multiple vehicles can do videoconferencing with location.

Following are the main services over my network

Voice and Videoconferencing

Data sharing

I need help in my topology

Which device I must use ASA or Router or Router with ASA

I have to establish VPN connection between difference vehicles and locations how can I establish VPN connection among them.

I will highly appreciate the kindly help

Regards

top.bmp

hi all

I have 15 locations (but I have mentioned 3 only) and more than 100 vehicles moving around the different cities I want to connect these 15 locations with each other using dedicate fiber optic and 100 vehicles can communication any location using satellite link I want to establish VPN connection between vehicles and locations multiple vehicles can do videoconferencing with location.

Following are the main services over my network

Voice and Videoconferencing

Data sharing

I need help in my topology

Which device I must use ASA or Router or Router with ASA

I have to establish VPN connection between difference vehicles and locations how can I establish VPN connection among them.

I will highly appreciate the kindly help

Regards

Hi mate,

It simply depends of the bandwidth ASA will pass through, but I would choose ASA 5520 - it should prove enough. Nevertheless sum up your BW requirements and check if it supported by 5520 appliance.

Next on each location you can use a cheap Cisco RV042, ASA 5505 or ASA 5510. Again your requirements should guide you through. Also there is a small product called SA520 something better than Cisco RV042 or ASA 5505, but inferior to ASA 5510.

Finally for your clients you need to know what OS will they use, so you can choose either the cheaper and stable Cisco VPN client solution, or you can try (you need to buy extended license) for the SSL VPN using AnyConnect Client.

About QoS as you will mostly need it ASA 5520 will prove worthy, but again if you have the money you can use a dedicated router. Also think about availability of your HQ, I would recommend BGP 90% of the times.

• Upvote 1