Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
techadmin

IPS Signature update

Hi,

I tried upgrading the Signature definition files of one of my IPS 4240 using IDM , then downgraded it again, tried upgrading it again using the command line. it got upgraded successfully , then again downgraded it to the older version, then after sum time tried upgrading it again using the command line, what i could observe in the IDM graph that the CPU utilization is 100% , so the IPS is not ready to accept any command's.......Any reason for this to happen?

IPS appliance is a bit tricky than a regular Cisco device we re used with. I personally admit everytime I encountered issues about it, I just start a TAC ticket.

About your updates, do a reboot then an update. If still unsuccessful talk with TAC.

Hi Laf bro,

Another thing i observed was that after getting upgraded to a newer version , it rebooted on its own, But after downgrading it back to the older version using the downgrade command, It did not reboot, So i manually rebooted it, And there goes the CPU utlization too 100%, and the strange part is that it is in promiscuous Mode, where there is absolutely no Action, So what could be the cause for that CPU spike, any commands to find out?

Try show statistics virtual-sensor

Also if possible (it is possible on AIP-SSM module) try using operator mode and use specific Linux commands like top.