Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
sgee34

CCNP Prep Time

What is a realistic amount of time to prepare for an obtain the current CCNP certification? I know that everybody learns at different speeds, but what's an average?

Thanks!!

I assume you have CCNA, so pretty good knowledge. I was working 2-3months per exam. But now I'm working for SWITCH exam for too long :(

If you're learning every day, then you should be ready in 2-3months per exam. But if you're skipping topics and have 5days of breaks, then it would take much longer like in my case :(

What is a realistic amount of time to prepare for an obtain the current CCNP certification? I know that everybody learns at different speeds, but what's an average?

Thanks!!

i took around 9 months to pass my CCNP Switch i took 2 months break in there and that didnt help. the CCNP Track isnt easy and if you dont really so it for a job and doing self study it makes it very tough.

I started the CCNP track a few weeks ago. I'm starting with the ROUTE exam, and so far I have been studying everyday for hours a day after work and on weekends. Reading, videos, and labbing. Still haven't finished the EIGRP chapter yet. :huh:

It's going to be a looong journey!

I'm also a a full-time Network Engineer and work with Cisco gear all day long.

hi!

i've started my ccnp studies in december 2010 and i took my first exam yesterday. I passed! For this ROUTE exam i saw cbt nugs and read the official student guides. Study timeframe was 2hrs during working days, and 4-5hrs during weekends.

I expect to take SWITCH exam in the beginning of July or even earlier, but let's see...

2-3 months are enough for your CCNP exam, I think. You can study with video training first and then dig into the topic with Cisco Official books. P4s also helps when you need to review what you've learnt and to be more confident before taking the exam. Good luck!

Edited by catherinecnw

Budget 3-6 months per topic initially.

I use a week or a weekend for review these days... usually about 3-4 hours per protocol and some extra time for misc stuff.

Darby