3 replies to this topic

#1 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

On 8 June, 2011, Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Akamai and Limelight Networks will be amongst some of the major organisations that will offer their content over IPv6 for a 24-hour “test flight”. The goal of the Test Flight Day is to motivate organizations across the industry – Internet service providers, hardware makers, operating system vendors and web companies – to prepare their services for IPv6 to ensure a successful transition as IPv4 addresses run out.

http://www.worldipv6day.org/

List of Participants

The following organisations are joining the Internet Society in actively participating in World IPv6 Day.

This page lists companies who have made public commitments to participate in this event and links to any material they may be offering to accompany their participation. Check back here for updates with additional details on participants in this event.

On June 8 the websites listed here will offer their content over IPv6. We will display a status dashboard indicating the IPv6 status.

http://www.worldipv6...ants/index.html

#2 chrcel

chrcel

Cisco Voice and Apps Expert

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Interesting one to watch will be cisco.com , I am really interested how their loadbalancers will do.

#3 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

If you ISP has upgraded their servers you will not have problems on browsing these special sites.

By Supposing this:

- If you are a Windows vista or windows 7 user, IP v6 is installed by default and you will not have any problems

- If you are still an XP user alike me, you can install the IP v6 protocol on your network adapter by doing the following steps:

1. Open Network Connections
2. Right-click any local area connection, and then click Properties.
3. Click Install.
4. In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Protocol, and then click Add.
5. In the Select Network Protocol dialog box, click Microsoft TCP/IP version 6, and then click OK.
6. Click Close to save changes to your network connection.

#4 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

Any body experiences that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users