Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faisal.saleem

CCNA Validity for CCAI?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I did CCNA back in 2007 and later in 2009/2010 when i did other professional certs like CCNP/CCIP , the CCNA itself was recertified to till 2013. Now confusion is that if i wants to do CCAI then my CCNA would be consider valid for CCAI or not?

P.S My passing score for CCNA was 987 and it was not through a CNAP.

One thing forgot to mention that the managers sitting at our Cisco Regional Academy also do not know this. Yes its funny but it happens.

I'm not the authority nor do I have the CCAI requirements documentaton sitting in front of me for reference.

However:

1. 987 is eligible

2. A valid CCNA should meet the CCNA certification requirements

3. You will need to attend their 1 or 2 week training for CCAI as I recall - which includes the instructor's version of the course (which is mandatory as I recall).

4. You'll need to work at and be sponsored by the regional academy as well.

5. Worst case scenario, retake the current CCNA exam - the benefit will be worth the cost and the current exam is the most challenging CCNA exam yet.

Here's a link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/get_involved/BecomeAnInstructor.html

Here's the official list:

http://cisco.netacad.net/cnams/content/templates/LibraryHome.jsp?#/resource/lcms/cnams_site/english/generic_site_areas/library/course_catalog/CCAI.html

Cisco CCAI Certification for Academy Instructors

CCAI status denotes an individual's proficiency in delivering the instruction required to support the diverse needs of a Cisco Networking Academy classroom.

CCAI requirements

Successfully complete all courses of training within a given curriculum, including final exams and skills tests, as evidenced by the Course Completion and Certification page on Academy Connection.

Successfully teach at least one course of the curriculum, including the use of online exams as verified through Academy Connection. Note: When creating a class in Academy Connection, an instructor must be listed as the primary or secondary instructor in order to be recognized as having taught the class.

Obtain the appropriate industry certification exam as indicated below:

CCAI Certification Curriculum Requirements Industry Certification Required

CCENT CCNA Discovery 1 and 2 Cisco CCENT Certification

CCNA CCNA Discovery 1-4 or CCNA Exploration 1-4 Cisco CCNA Certification

CCNA Security CCNA Security Cisco CCNA Security Certification

CCNP CCNP 1-4 Cisco CCNP Certifications (all 4 exams)

IT Essentials IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software CompTIA A+ Certification

Instructor candidates who have completed all of the CCAI requirements should follow these steps to obtain your CCAI certification:

Verify that your name is correct on your Academy Connection profile, since this is how it will appear on your CCAI certificate.

Click the Course Completion and Certification link on the profile page.

Input your Cisco Certification Number under the appropriate curriculum and click Save to automatically send your request to the Support Desk.

If you are requesting a CCAI certification for CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, or CCNP, proceed to step 6.

If you are requesting a CCAI for IT Essentials, you need to complete the additional steps outlined below:

a. Send a fax to 1-480-558-2320 with the following information: a copy of your industry certificate OR a copy of the score report received from Prometric Thomson Learning or Pearson VUE at the time of exam completion, your academy name, and contact information (phone number or email address)

b. You also have the option of forwarding a copy of your A+ certification to the Networking Academy Support Desk directly from the CompTIA website at http://www.comptia.com/careerid. After you log onto the site with your CompTIA username and password, the sixth bullet on the screen will allow you to forward your validated CompTIA certification credentials to the Support Desk at AcademySupport@netacad.net.

The Support Desk staff will verify that each candidate has completed all CCAI requirements.

The Support Desk staff will create and print the CCAI certificate and mail it to the instructor.

Instructor candidate receives and verifies the CCAI certificate for accuracy. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Networking Academy Support Desk at 888-327-1116 or send an email to AcademySupport@netacad.net.

Thanks darby for the info, you know i already knows all this but i simply wants to know that my CCNA is valid or not? My question is pretty simple and that can comes in any individual's mind who have CCNA and wants to be a CCAI. Today i discussed with a person and he told me about discount CCNA voucher for CCAI candidates, but he is not sure if this is 100% discount or less?

I think i need to mail Cisco and have to discuss this on some other cisco forums and mailing list. May be someone would guide me there what i wants to know.

Faisal.

Thanks darby for the info, you know i already knows all this but i simply wants to know that my CCNA is valid or not? My question is pretty simple and that can comes in any individual's mind who have CCNA and wants to be a CCAI. Today i discussed with a person and he told me about discount CCNA voucher for CCAI candidates, but he is not sure if this is 100% discount or less?

I think i need to mail Cisco and have to discuss this on some other cisco forums and mailing list. May be someone would guide me there what i wants to know.

Faisal.

A valid CCNA should still be a valid CCNA.

I've been burnt for the CCIP where my BCSI exam was from 2007 and too old by the time I passed the QoS, BGP, and MPLS exams to qualify for the CCIP already.

If I were going to teach the CCAI, I'd take the most recent CCNA exams just because - they have changed considerably and well worth the re-take, just to know what Cisco has been up to in my opinion. Especially since the class you'd teach will have to take the newer and tougher exams that are more hands-on.

I want to be ccna certified, but i dont know how to do it ( as  i m beginner ).So if somebody could help me out how else can i study and get ccna? Please help me out, i shall b really thankful to you for replying.