Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ITPro999

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I recently purchased AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 but needed AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R. Can someone help me to clarify the following points, please?

- It came without RG-6 (coaxial) cable and I could not find what the part code is. What part code I can use to get this?

- Is it possible to add RP/TNC connectors to AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 in order to make it AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R? OR Do I have to get a new unit?

Thanks a lot.

Hi guys,

I recently purchased AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 but needed AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R. Can someone help me to clarify the following points, please?

- It came without RG-6 (coaxial) cable and I could not find what the part code is. What part code I can use to get this?

- Is it possible to add RP/TNC connectors to AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 in order to make it AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R? OR Do I have to get a new unit?

Thanks a lot.

Use a COAX-UTP ethernet converter or just make this AP a child of one of your others?

Mark

The RG-6 is just RG-6; you can make this yourself, just make sure to use outdoor connectors.

As to adding RP-TNC connectors, just order the (-R) version and you’ll be all set.

@ITPro999

Please see my response inline

Here is cisco link . Look under Table 12.

Cisco Cables and choose the cable as per your need.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

The guide will also help you to choose right antenna for 1310

No, You can't . AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 comes with 13.5 dbi integrated antenna in it. while AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R is the one where you can need to install antenna separately. FYI Both model are designed to install outdoor. In case you are not planning for multi-point bridging then you can go with these two model. Else you also have choice to swap it with external antenna model.

I hope this help.

Good luck