Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
syedabbas

Hard Disk Bad Sector

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

Today when I was using my laptop suddenly heard a little sound and then a Blue Screen Error appeared and within seconds system got restarted after that in the boot prompt Hard Disk was not showing up. Hence ran HDD test using Hiren Boot CD and it said there are bad sectors. When I attempted to run "Sector Repair" which repairs only the affected area it said it cannot perform the task. I would like to know what would be the cause and also if there is any software available to clean Bad sectors. Please let me know ur views.

Regards,

Syed Abbas

I always thought bad sector was physical disk failure and impossible to recover!! Slave the disk and take an image before it all goes wrong.

Mark

Once this happened to me because of electricity changes, and my 30GB hard was out and recognized as 300GB with bad sectors. So all partition table were lost too. I just recovered the data after I made repartitioned and formatted the whole hard disk. Some times the electricity plug to HD got loose or damaged, mine does the same and give me blue screens, the only thing I do is to shut down the system and replace the power plug of HD sometimes. May be it works for you too

Hi .

The best thing to do when you get a bad sectors is to back up the data ...

You can recognized when you have some problem in HDD is when he has some spikes and you leasing to him and have some strange noises and theres is couple of things that can tell that you have some problem in the hard disc .

You can erase the whole data and check if you have bad sectors after it .

You can repair it with some tools like in herens boot cd or other tools that you connect the hdd to live OS and from there you repair ..

Try some many tools and not be depended to one ...

Good luck,.

Hi friends,

Thanks for all ur suggestion....At first when the blue screen error came i never got any noise from the HDD. All of a sudden i got a BSOD and it got restarted. I tried to use various tools using Hiren BOOT CD but no use....finally after several tries the HDD sound came "Tick Tick". Now finally using Ubuntu Live CD and using the laptop as I need to purchase the HDD and its not in stock so will take some more days to come.

Thanks for ur suggestions

Regards,

Syed Abbas

Hi friends,

Thanks for all ur suggestion....At first when the blue screen error came i never got any noise from the HDD. All of a sudden i got a BSOD and it got restarted. I tried to use various tools using Hiren BOOT CD but no use....finally after several tries the HDD sound came "Tick Tick". Now finally using Ubuntu Live CD and using the laptop as I need to purchase the HDD and its not in stock so will take some more days to come.

Thanks for ur suggestions

Regards,

Syed Abbas

Hi .

Yes the "Tick Tick Tick " :((

Very sad ... It in 90% r.i.p to the HDD ...

You can restore the data if you want , but you need to do it carefully and with the good program that backups it and save it good .

|Good luck .,

Data is not that much important.....so thanks for the suggestions

• Press the <Start> button.
  • Select <My Computer>.
  • Under Hard Disk Drives highlight the disk to be scanned.
  • Open the <File> menu and choose <Properties>
  • Open the <Tools> tab.
  • Click the <Check Now…> button.

In earlier Microsoft Windows and DOS versions, this function was built into the `scandisk` and `chkdsk` utilities.

Once the bad sector or sectors have been “repaired,” continue to back up the hard drive on a regular basis. Hard drives are mechanical devices and all mechanical devices will eventually fail.

For more info try visiting this site:

http://www.techyv.co...ctors-hard-disk

Dear Eboyones,

All the steps you say can be performed only when the hard disk boots up but here in my case hard disk itself doesnt get recognised...Then how can i do all these steps and these are the steps i had tried eralier but no scope...

Regards,

Syed Abbas

All thanks fo ur suggestions i have changed my laptop.....Hence closing the topic.

If it is not get recognized by bios, then there is no clue, it may got an electric shock

CLOSED