Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grain

ITIL 2011

Does anyone knows about any change in certification exam, based on the new ITIL 2011 curricula? I checked on both Prometric and Vue and the exam is still listed as "ITIL V3 Foundation". But I remember I've read somewhere that starting January 1st 2012 the exams should be based on ITIL 2011 curricula, not on the old ITIL V3. I would appreciate if anyone can share some news about this issue.

I wrote to EXIN and I received the following reply:

"The ITIL 2011 edition will be implemented on the first of February. From that point on it is no longer possible to take the version 3 exam. If you want to take the exam in January there is a hybrid version. This means that the exam can be passed with both the version 3 and version 2011 studying material. This exam will count as an 2011 version certificate, and will therefore also count for the 2011 intermediate versions."

I'm not really sure what has changed in that so called ITIL 2011, but I have passed today, it's almost the same exams that you can find anywhere on the web.

I studied the official curriculum but an old version, may be 2009 or 2010 and some CBT nuggets as well.