1 reply to this topic

#1 thefounder

thefounder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi Guys,

Forgive me for my ignorance but can anyone give me the difference between the 2?
Is the difference same as comparing PMP with PRINCE2 ?

The price of the training and certification doesnt have much difference, question is:

Which one do you think is more recommended for Operational Managers (those that are new or occasionally handling projects) ?
I appreciate your response!

#2 HamStar50

HamStar50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

bit difficult to answer your question without knowing more really. for the record, i'm currently studying prince2 foundation.

prince2 is one of a number of project management methodologies. there are others including (but not limited to) such as Agile, Scrum and lots more oh yeah there PMP too.

Prince2 is widely accepted across the world...execpt America where there seems to be a folliwing towards PMP. In reality they are very similar and if you can do one you can do the other with only a small readup on the differences. Prince2 has been developed and is owned by the UK government as a standard all business should do any kind of project with - not IT spcifically. For IT (not making the assumption that you are in IT), there's even a BCS Project Management qualification - considered an 'all round' PM person qualification but it's not widely know yet.

Im unsure what operational manager actually means but if you run a factory (the only thing i can think of where i've come across operational managers) then you've got to ask yourself whether qualifying in any particular method is better for you over another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users