Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saneth

ITIL Foundation 2011 compared to ITIL Foundation v3

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I guess we all know that the ITIL Foundation v3 ahs been updated.

Here's my situation. I started studying for the ITIL Foundation V3 a few weeks back, and found out today that it's been "updated". I've been working as a network engineer for the past 1 year, I don't have any experience in consulting and the ITIL concepts are pretty new to me. I'd like to know if the older study material (v3) is sufficient to get a fair idea of this updated version?

I wanted to take this exam in the next 3-4 weeks. But, I'm wondering whether to wait a few months and collect more study material, before I go ahead with the exam. What do you think?

Thanks,

Saneth

I did the ITIL Course first week of Jan, and used a V3 booklet as the 2011 booklet wasn't available.

The foundation is the same pretty much, only the intermediate books have seen slight modifications.

I have passed the exam just 2 hours ago.

Make sure after studying that you do a few sample exams that are found around the www and specially that ITIL Sample Exams that can be found on ITIL website.

Best of Luck.

Taking the exam on 29th Feb, first exam in a couple of years so wish me luck :-)