Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironix

my windows cannot recognize any of usb device

7 posts in this topic

One of my USB ports wont recognize anything. It has happened to me before, and he miraculously fixed itself. I did something with the Device manager, but i forget what. Apparently my USB port has chronic Amnesia.

if it is front usb check if it is properly connected . Try to enable /disable usb in bios save settings and exit. Try to uninstall usb from device manager and wait them install again. Try just update driver form device manager( i saw a guy making a usb mouse recognized and working just update driver from device manager) Try reinstall your chipset driver or get the newest one.

http://www.techyv.com

it used to work fine.now whatever i plug into my USB it will not recognize it.

troubleshooting didnt work and i restarted my computer. nothing.

now it says "USB device not recognized, one the the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I recommend that you reinstall your usb drive.Simply put in the cd or floppy disk it came with and run it.Its probably just a malfunction.Or do a system restore on your computer.It will restore your computer to an earlier time.Start/All Programs/System Tools.

One of my USB ports wont recognize anything. It has happened to me before, and he miraculously fixed itself. I did something with the Device manager, but i forget what. Apparently my USB port has chronic Amnesia.

Hi .

If the problem appeared and before it worked well you can restore the system to the good restore point that the usb drive worked well .

Update the drivers :)

Good luck.

Hi,

Unplug the USB device, and then plug the device back into the computer or hub. If your computer still does not recognize the device then,

1. Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
  2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  3. Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
  4. Click the Power Management tab.
  5. Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
  6. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
  7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Windows XP recognizes the new device.
  8. Close the Device Manager window.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/windows-cannot-recognize-usb-device