require helps in BGP configuration
Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:18 PM
1. My doubt is can a BGp router has 2 AS since, in this case , both ISPs would provide me 2 AS.
2. How can I configure load balancing in BGP?
3. How can I configure auto failover ?
PLz guide me
Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:55 PM
(2) No, BGP can not provide loadbalancing of traffic automatically, like Interior Gateway Protocols do. It the sole responsibility of the Networks Administrator to watch the traffic behaviour. However BGP paramters allow to influence the traffic flow in either-way (both for inbound and outbound traffic)
(3) You can configure the auto failover using "Cisco IOS IP SLAs" or "Cisco IOS OER". Note that "Cisco IOS IP SLA" is used to detect the fail-over situations.
Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:36 PM
For configure load balancing in BGP
router bgp 6500
Maximum-paths eibgp 2
For auto failover use command.
BGP Local Preference
Edited by ANILSHARMA, 02 March 2012 - 04:43 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users