Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stormshade69

CEH vs CPTE

13 posts in this topic

hello Masters,

just want to ask your expert opinions on which to take/buy CBT/exam after i studied.

id like to shift my career into security my specialization now is performance/load testing(LoadRunner)

CEH(ecouncil) or CPTE(mile2)

i can only see the COST as a PRO/CONS

CEH online course(CBT/live video) CPTE online course(CBT/live video)

750USD 500/550

exam voucher exam voucher

500USD 250USD

how about career/professional life wise?

those who are CEH or CPTE holders i really appreciate if you can comment on this

thanks in advance

Hi stormshade69,

I've been a pentester for about two years. I can honestly say that I have never heard of the CPTE course before seeing your link. That doesn't mean it's no good, just that I have no idea about it. C|EH is a different matter. This is quite common. Your sig says you're wondering about OSCP. This is great and I'll be doing the course as soon as possible. C|EH = basics really, think Network+. OSCP = Intermediate (IMHO), Think CCNP.

Hope this is in time for you! Anyone else care to comment?

OSCP is not recognised too well outside the Pen Testing network. You get that certification you stick to pen testing for atleast 3-5 years. CEH of CHFIs are regarded as Securlty consultatnts.

My perspective I could be wrong.

Hi .

CEH for me :)

Good luck..

I am in industry since many years and MIle2 certifications are well known in industry and individuals and professionals are rapidly moving towards these certifications. CPTE and other Mile2 certifications have less marketing thats why people here are not aware of them. i have both CEH and CPTE certification and from learning point of view CPTE is much better than CEH, and to be very honest i dont know about the OSCP.

thanks guys...im planning to pursue a Pen Test career thats why im building foundations...although im not anymore new to IT going 10yrs already...i reach to a point in my career that i got bored simply because i was moved to another team that has less pressure than im doing before...since ive got lots of time to study for my security track im going to take my Security+ (SY0-301)next month(sept) then take CEH or CPTE on November/December(assuming i got the study materials ahead of time)

Pholarbi can i borrow your CPTE materials if its ok with you? biggrin.png

kindly email me if its ok dark_knight_baby@hotmail.com

thank you thank you

Edited by stormshade69

I would suggest you to study from Mile2 CBTz, which i concerned is the best source of exam preparation and also you can buy newly launched CPTE guide book from the following link :

http://mile2.com/mile2-online-estore.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=191&category_id=9

This covers all CPTE topics and very helpful for exam.

All the best

Hi,

I never heard CPTE but i know CEH.

CEHv7 provides a comprehensive ethical hacking and network security-training program to meet the standards of highly skilled security professionals. Hundreds of SMEs and authors have contributed towards the content presented in the CEHv7 courseware. Latest tools and exploits uncovered from the underground community are featured in the new package.

This is information from ACIT site. For more information visit acit.in

Thanks

Hi, i am a CPTE. I prepared for the exam using Mile2 course material. The exam is not easy to pass too. there are 100 questions covering all the topics and all those are well covered in the videos. I also recommend to go for the training if any one can afford and practice the various tools and techniques used in pentesting. this way you can bypass wastage of time looking for the resources.

i just survived the exam last July...i got 90/100 hehehe most of the questions are situational the LAB worked helped half of the exam.

my next target is either GCIH or GCFE

You must go with CEH certification course because the course is highly in demand.

But you have to choose right training center for the course such as - Koenig Solutions, Udemy, Global knowledge and much more...