Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
CandiceCandies

building a secure web site?

Hello everyone. I hope someone could help me here.

My friend and I have been designing sites and stuffs in the past but never really uploaded them in the web (as we're still n00bs tongue.png). He's a graduate of a two-year computer-related course while I'm just about to start college in the same field. It wasn't really his passion and eventually studied cooking/baking, and he's doing a good job in it that he started taking orders. And now he plans to set up a store. A Facebook Fan Page would be enough but he insisted that we also create a web site for it (design already in progress), complete with order forms and online payment, though we're only targeting local buyers.

Then this discussion about unsecured online transactions came up. I'm quite paranoid about this since I haven't tried buying online.

Could anyone give me a few tips in what to look at in setting up and coding a website? Do we have to hire a good web developer for it? And how safe are web servers and online payment?

Anyone who could help me gets a freshly-baked cookie. XD

I'm equally curious as well. I'm in a similar dilemma as you, Candice. I plan to use CMS for my website. I've been hearing this SQL injection that harms databases from somewhere else, though I haven't really came across any example.

Hi everyone,

To provide a security into the web development, we need the security mechanism that how can we apply to it. I know that there are many language are used to develop a website and every language has the different technology. I am talking about the java programming in which simply you can use the inner classes to provide the security mechanism.

Thanks for sharing the informarion.

To build a secure website, I think you should care for your website's host first, secure it, with higher plan, private server is the best. But if you have not enough money, Always backup website, and check virus regularly