Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
syedabbas

PC Freezes while turning ON

3 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I had windows 7 Ultimate installed in my PC. Everything was fine, Recently I bought 500GB HDD and LED Monitor. Few days after that the problem started. Whenever I turn on the PC it just gives me 2 Options 1)Launch Startup Repair 2)Start Windows Automatically. When I select Launch Startup repair It takes so much time and finally says that unable to repair. Then when I restart my PC boots into Windows 7 without any problem. But the thing is I have to go thru the above process everytime when I switch on the PC.

So I tried pluggin out all devices and plugged everything again, but it did not help. Then I tried Re-installing Windows 7 again but still the problem did not get resolved. Then I tried installing Windows XP, Now what happens it comes to the user login page and just hangs.

Same like before I need to select "Last Known Good config" all the time I boot in. I have Dual 2GB DDR2 RAM. Tried working with one but nothing solved the problem. Kindly help me for a resolution.

Regards,

Syed Abbas

was HD brand new and not damage ?

do u ahve Bootable repair cd-rom like Hiren's ; put in and boot to it to run HD tests;

try reset PC BIOS to default settings but HD maybe a fault'

It seems it is a damaged HDD, recently I had the same problem on 512 SD RAM, and it goes to the 2 option page. One of my new Kingstone 512 SD RAMs failed on memtest check unfortunately. So I will try to give it back for guarantee to change it if they do hopefully. Now on your issue, try to check the HDD bit by bit with the hard testing softwares, so you can find out if it has problem or not. It is normal if Bios can diagnose it but in action it fails :)