Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Petnell

Will CCNA security certification be rewarded when CCNA R&S exam is

Hi All,

Will CCNA security certification be rewarded when CCNA R&S exam is passed?

I have an expired CCNA R&S and I have returned to school to finally complete my bachelor degree. One of the subjects is Network security which is based on the CNAP CCNA Security v1.1 Curriculum. I was hopeful that i would sit and pass the CCNA security certification exam and then within a short period of time I would recertify my CCNA R&S ! when CCNA R&S is passed would both certifications be rewarded ?

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/associate/ccna_security/index.html

So I need a valid CCNA R&S before I'm allow to sit the CCNA security ?

The exam centre will enforce this ?

Edited by Petnell

no, you can pass CCNA Security exam but will not be awarded cert paper until u pass ccna;

same thing for other certs.

no enforcment by exam center

Hi Martinlo,

So from I understood is that you can take the CCNA Security exams even though you don't have a valid CCNA R&S but the only thing is that after you pass you will not get a paper certificate from Cisco about your CCNA Security until you pass your CCNA R&S. Is that correct ?

If this is true then my next question will be although you will not have a paper certificate but if an employee wants to check your CCNA security certification will you show active on Cisco internal website ?

Then last question if am not asking too much. If someone has CCIE R&S valid ( I mean the lab also) then I guess he should be able to take any CCNA and CCNP exams as he meets all the pre-requisites even for Design and Data . Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Tazio

true about CCIE cert; it is valid as prerequisite for all other certs;

I think employee will not see your cert as you are not officially awarded cert yet. you can show that you pass exam.

Hi All,

Will CCNA security certification be rewarded when CCNA R&S exam is passed?

I have an expired CCNA R&S and I have returned to school to finally complete my bachelor degree. One of the subjects is Network security which is based on the CNAP CCNA Security v1.1 Curriculum. I was hopeful that i would sit and pass the CCNA security certification exam and then within a short period of time I would recertify my CCNA R&S ! when CCNA R&S is passed would both certifications be rewarded ?

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/associate/ccna_security/index.html

If you pass the new CCENT 100-101 also called Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 then you can appear for CCNA Security