Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
IndianIT

Microsoft Licensing - Please Help

I have a requirement to set up new Windows 2008 Domain and Exchange 2013 Servers. We will have around 100 Users. I have ordered for HP G8 Server. My doubt is related to Microsoft Licensing. Should I purchase Device licensing or User Lilcensing. How it differs. I worked in AD environment but I didnt setup anything new. So I am really not aware of the licensing of Microsoft product. When I buy Windows 2008 and Exchange 2013 license will come along with that or Do we need to buy separate. Please help

I would contact MS licensing department for info; All will work fine; you are only in trouble if u are audit by MS

Thanks for your response martinlo. Do you mean If I have 100 Users and 100 PCs in my network, and If I install Windows 2008 Server and Exchange 2013 , will all users be able to access the services without any interruption even if I didnt purchase Client Access License? Then why Microsoft need we purchase CAL ?

Yep, they do not enforce strict policy as far as I know (I took server 2003 certs);

They do audit people from time to time and you will pay big fines if u caught.