Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dejavoo

Exchange Server 2010

16 posts in this topic

HI guys,

I have installed an exchange server 2010 and could not send mail to the internet,each time i try do it mail could not be sent to the internet.I have configured my sendmail connector to send mail to the internet thru my service provider.

I have tried all the command to send mail to the exchange server but the recepient did not get the mail.

If you enable the extended logging outlined in the link I gave you what event log messages do you get?

This is the error message i get when i tried to send mail:

mx.google.com gave this error:
[105.xx.xx.xx] The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized to send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay at your service provider instead. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=10336 cg16si9170626wjb.99 - gsmtp
Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

OK I know what the problem is, I think you have configured the SMTP service on your exchange server to send mail? If you have I think that because you have no MX record in DNS the destination host is refusing to accept the mail.

What you need to do if this is correct is contact your ISP and get them to create an MX record for the IP address you are sending mail from.

Let me know how you get on

Mark

If try to send a mail from the public internet is not getting to my exchange server and the mail is not retuning undelivered from the public internet.

That is the last event id:Event:3362,i have created mx records for my domain and public ip address.Which of the mx records are you particular about?