Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tazio

CCNA Interview question

3 posts in this topic

Hello to everybody,

First of all my apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

I am CCNA certified but I have been out of networking Industry for 2 years. I want to get back into networking field so I did a through revision of all my notes, updated my resume and started to apply some basic entry level jobs.

I got a phone call for a phone interview and then I realized that I am either not ready to go back into the networking field or there has been so much changes in the last 2 years that the standard now is too high.

I got only one question for the interview but could not do good impression.

I know it will be very easy for lots of people here but still I would love if someone could shade some light for me.

Here is the question.

Name the methods we can use to do load balancing. That is you have HOST A which need to go to HOST B and there are 2 routes to go there to HOST B.

I want to know how you will do equal load balancing?

How you will make data go on one link but returns on the other link?

All these methods should be possible to be deployed even you are using RIP,OSPF,EIGRP and BGP.

Don’t need the command but just the name of the methods or briefly how you will do it.

Name the methods we can use to do load balancing. That is you have HOST A which need to go to HOST B and there are 2 routes to go there to HOST B.

I want to know how you will do equal load balancing?

How you will make data go on one link but returns on the other link?

All these methods should be possible to be deployed even you are using RIP,OSPF,EIGRP and BGP.

Don’t need the command but just the name of the methods or briefly how you will do it.

Thanks in advance.

Tazio

Equal Cost Load Balancing

Non-Equal Cost Load Balancing

Variance, Cost, Various BGP options, etc. are tools to use equal or non-equal load balancing - Don't forget maximum-paths command too.

Asymmetrical Routing

Darby Weaver

Thank you very much Sir.

Now I will go and study each and everything you said above. It will take me some time but I will do it.

Once more thank you very much.

Tazio