Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
celt

Professional or Associate exams to maintain CCNP

8 posts in this topic

Friends,

Am looking to do exam to keep my Cisco CCNP relevant, and was going to do CCNA Security, but friend told me you have to do a professional level exam to keep your CCNP , not an associate level one ......

Whats your take?

If thats the case, I might try to do CCIE written instead ....

How about going for CCDP ? You do have to do the CCDA exam first, but then it's just one more to get the CCDP certification, as two of the CCNP R&S exams overlap with CCDP.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccdp/index.html

I like that idea! you need ARCH at Pro level; then just CCDA associate to get cert. (in any order is OK)

Edited by martinlo

I have a simmilar question.

When you first do one of CCNP exams, how much time do you have to pass other two, until that first becomes invalid?

I have a simmilar question.

When you first do one of CCNP exams, how much time do you have to pass other two, until that first becomes invalid?

3 years; new exams are available on January 2015, which means u cannot take old exams anymore. but you can mix and match.; i.e take old one now , 2 new ones later.

see https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/419496#419496

Edited by martinlo

You must finish within 3 years of taking/passing 1st exam. so CCNP is 3-exam cert. it means to get CCNP cert, you must take all 3 exams within 3 years of each others. you must be certify within 3 years.

certifications are valid for 3 years. to re-new one must pass 1 exam from same level cert or ccie written.

not that bad, CCNP Security or Voice are 5-exam cert. all 5 exams must be taken within 3 years of each others.