Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nexusguy

Trend Micro Antivirus

Guest nexusguy

Hello ,

I am currently looking for a good corporate antivirus solution for one of our clients. I was told that Trend micro Antivirus suite is good. I just wanted your opinions whether I hould go for Symantec or trendmicro.

I have some issues with relates to integration of Linux based mail server with Trend micro as it does not have enough range of products supporing Linux.

Regards,

Guest asaaguia1

I have deployed Trend`s solution in most of my customers, specially the Interscan solution set.

It was a good cost and benefits specially in performance aspects.

We use Trend Micro for gateway, server, and desktop anti-virus for over 6 years now - it's one of the best products i've ever worked with.....

I recommend it without reservation.

trend micro is cost-effective is updates faster than symantec does. plus you can do free-scans from their website.

Guest highlander2003

Trend Micro is one of very few that supports Exchange2003....suck on that one :)

For very low system resources and RAM.

For this I recommend Antivir

www.free-av.com

Free, and daily updates :D

But not for corporate environment.. :)

Guest LMF

You should think of two separate things : securing your mail environment and securing your desktop environments. Of course, one influences the other. From my long experience, the optimal solution is to have trend scanmail for your mail server and SAV corporate for the computers on your network.

Guest pixie

TrendMicro: ServerProtect and OfficeScan

Take a look to the manufacturer website.

I'm using it since 3 years, no problem at all, very good protection (constantly upgraded).

I am using Trend Micro in Office.. However most of the time I keep getting that a log stating that Virus is detected, cannot perform Clean or Virus successfully detected, cannot perform the Quarantine action.

Therefore I am not very sure whether Trend Micro is the best. Anyway nothing in this world is Prefect.

Guest Hommer

We all have our preferences of what AV software is the best and why people decided to choose the software they have. It's all based on Advise, past experiences and reviews. We have been thru 3 different AV vendors over the past 10 years from Trend, NAI and Symantec. They all have there pro's and con's. The best answer is write down your requirements, how you want to automate and manage the software, get the vendors in and get them to show you the software. At the end of the day make them work for you as it's your business there after ....

Guest enjoypepsi

Someone I know works for symantec in a sales role and they use trend for their PC's not their own product. I guess that says something

Guest kapiloberoi

i like trend virus housecall utility. it lets u can ur system online