Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billnight

How To Crack Dell Laptop Hdd Password?

11 posts in this topic

Hello,
Has anyone successfully cracked a Dell laptop HDD password? Share your experience?
I am talking about the Hard drive password, not the BIOS password.
Thanks.

i think the best option will be to contact the Dell support personel through their website

I think they will be the only ones to help you out

good luck

Hi,

Please elaborate on what do you mean by Laptop HDD password? Do you mean that there is a password set for the HDD in Dell Laptops..?? I am little bit confused, that's the reason why I am asking regarding the same.... :wacko:

Rijahs..

There are three passwords for a typical dell laptop.
1. admin password
2. system password
3. HDD password
1. and 2 are in bios level. You will need 1 to be able to configure bios and 2 for boot into os.
The hdd password resides on hard drive itself. You will need this password to boot to os as well if it was set.
Some one set the HDD password for one of our users as a prank. So the user can not access to her laptop. Since this is a hardware level password, swap hdd or ghost will not work to get databack.
Calling Dell so far is the only option and it appears Dell keeps a backdoor password. However, my persional experience is some time it works and some time it won;t. Last time I talked to two technicians for about 40 minutes and have no resolution. I have to send in the drive for replacement. It would be nice we have a solution get it resolved without hussal.

^_^ I know of a buddy of mine that has cracked their HDD password from DOS Prompt using Debug... the same way you would crack the BIOS password ... only the memory addresses are different!...

cheers...

i think the best thing to do is call the Customer care and ASK for help... coz they are also providing you "trained" "free" "experienced" solution to your problem...

you can also check you this page...

[quote]h**p://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm[/quote]

Best of luck man...

and another thing..till i know this HDD password remains in the bios itself.check it out.

Do you have the courage to open you laptop. Try looking for the CMOS battery and short circuit it - reemove it for more than 30 seconds.

It;s the same principle as on destop computetrs.

If you do that be asured it will take you some time to find the battery - I've also tried this on a laptop from work.

[quote name='billnight' date='Jun 13 2005, 07:25 PM']The HDD password is on the HDD itself. It is different than the BIOS password. Thanks for replying/[/quote]
I run a Dell laptop, how old is it as they normally partition their drives. One, which is a non DOS partition holds the user interface only for the BIOS and all passwords are held in the CMOS/BIOS chip. If it was held on the drive a format of the drive would erase it and this would bypass the whole reason for having it.

I think this type of questions are not allowed on the forum.No hacking thing please

Hi friends,

I think that u can never crack HDD password , if u have important data in this disk try to find same disque and change the logic card.

to use the laptop u must got a new Hard drive.

Bye

there is an application from NORTON COMMANDER its called ERD.
i have got it from friend.

its comming on a disk, u boot from it, its comes up like OS. then you can put another PW as u wish. u cant know the old password.