Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
hamm

Best Anti-virus And Anti Spyware Software

Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask what is the best Anti virus \spyware soft ware from everyones perspective,

I have used Kaspersky Mcafee , Zone alarm and norton,

and for spyware , Adaware, spybot, spy weeper

what is the best for security?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask what is the best Anti virus \spyware soft ware from everyones perspective,

antivirus Kaspersky and NOD32 are the best

spyware, Spybot do the job well

adware , from lavasofta

Look here.

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11634&

Hi,

I vote for SOPHOS for business line and Kaspersky for home use. Both has AV, antispam, antispyware, application control...

Zonealarm + AVG is also best for home use.

Norton a big minus..... :angry:

Lavasoft adware and Spybot are best in spyware detection.

Rgds,

Edited by amsin

Zonealarm + AVG is also best for home use.

I second that. But I use WindowsXP's built in firewall

Hey everyone,

antivirus Kaspersky and NOD32 are the best

spyware, Spybot do the job well

adware , from lavasofta

norten is the best product which gives the multi level support of security

If you don't just open any file attachments without thinking then any AV should work :) I dont like Norton coz of the amount of memory it consumes. I was quite impressed with Kaspersky but still I prefer AVG.

For for spyware Lavasoft Adware had worked great for me.

Also since I have stopped using ie there has been much less problem of spyware/ adware :)

for firewall Keiro works well.

Edited by harsh_puri

Its better to be proactive than reactive, look at what programs you run that have access to the internet and think (and research) what chances there are that something malicious can come through them.

The first favourite is Internet Explorer, if you are using that then there's a good chance thats where the spyware is coming from. Its an easy fix though, get Firefox and keep it uptodate and you should be better off. You could also disable some of the web programming languages live ActiveX, Javascript and Flash from either inside the browser or at the firewall which is usually the routes taken by spyware to enter your computer.

The next is P2P, depending on what you download with then this might not be the case but ive heard that Limewire is bad for stuff and Kazaa but surely noone will still be using that. I dont understand why everyone isnt using bittorrent, its safe, fast and efficient.

Without knowing what programs youve got installed it would be impossible to go through all the different scenarios but the most important part is user intelligence. If you download files that say they're bundle with something (including toolbars) or are using Windows 98 then this is a user error and will no doubt result in the computer spontaneously exploding over time.

For home use, I prefer Avast antivirus (comparable to Kaspersky but it offers free antivirus updates) + Lavasoft Adaware. At work, our company uses Symantec AV + Cisco Security Agent. So there are quite different requirements for home and for enterprise.

hi all,

As for me i prefer using AVG Antivirus and Zone Alarm Pro...

Its working great for me....

Having worked as Tech Support for Norton, I vote for Norton. When it comes to detecting new threats Norton is the leader. However I have not installed the program on my computer because I know the product is buggy. Instead I use "process Explorer" from Sysinternals and I periodically do online scan with Norton.

Edited by afsalkhan

nod32 and AVG for antivirus.... adware, spybot,spywareblaster for antispyware...

i also use hxxp://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm host file on my proxy server and client...

Hey everyone,

Spysweeper is the best i think but its not free. Im using NAV+ counterSpy at home and in the office, works well for me. If I suspect that ive been infected or something, I use ActivePorts to see real-time connections. Also I use ProcessViewer to see running process and if they are all legit. I can track the application associated with the process and would kill them especially if there multiple instance of the application.

Trend Micro has a lot of bugs (I worked in support this antivirus). IMHO best antivirus Norton.