Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neworkNovice

Cisco Feature License Hack

7 posts in this topic

Hi I have just bought an ASA5505 with a 10 user license and basic feature license.

Dose anyone know how you can hack the license in order to use an the IPSec plus features and unrestricted user license?

Is there some kind of a key gen you can get for this device?

The answer is no. The activation key is burnt on to the chip. When the ASA is assembled, it has dedicated keys. This will not change in the lifetime of the device. When the appropriate license is purchased, Cisco then provide activation-key to those feature/s.

To do this, email cisco@licensing.com with your serial number and they will return your email within 2hours.

Hope this info helps.

Edited by th0

Trying 2 hack cisco device license? I was surprised 2 read ur msg. Usually these devices r bought by a company n u shld hv no problm getting money frm ur company if this feature is required.. I never thght the licenses could also be hacked. :)

The answer is no. The activation key is burnt on to the chip. When the ASA is assembled, it has dedicated keys. This will not change in the lifetime of the device. When the appropriate license is purchased, Cisco then provide activation-key to those feature/s.

To do this, email cisco@licensing.com with your serial number and they will return your email within 2hours.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for your response. Its was the info that I was looking for.

Hope this info helps.

What a bunch of utter B.S... Why do people like you answer questions when you clearly don't know what you're talking about?

ASA / PIX licensing has been cracked since the devices were first released.

Cisco is fairly good at running around the Internet and submitting DMCA notices. The ASA firmware uses the serial number as the hash to authenticate the license code. This is why you can use GNS3 to virtually run ASA software.

There are a number of torrents where you can find key generators for the ASA.