Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
naxiguynl

How To Upgrade Pix 535 Fo & Ur From 6.3(3) To 7.2(2)

Dear friends,

I have one PIX-535-UR-BUN and one PIX-535-FO-BUN, below is their description:

PIX-535-UR-BUN:

Hardware: PIX-535, Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3), Unrestricted (UR) license, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 1000 MHz, Flash 16MB

PIX-535-FO-BUN:

Hardware: PIX-535, Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3), Failover Only (FO) license, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 1000 MHz, Flash 16MB

I would like to upgrade both of them to Cisco PIX Firewall Version 7.2(2) but have some questions, can you kindly help me out ?

1. It is said on Cisco.com that pix722.bin is the software and "PIX OS version 7.2(2) software. Requires a minimum of 16 MB Flash and 64 MB RAM. IMPORTANT- Read the Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.2 and Release Note prior to downloading this release. " I searched through Cisco.com but was not able to find "the Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.2 and Release Note " Do any of you know where I can find it?

2. If I use pix722.bin to upgrade both of these two PIXes, are they going to have Firewall Version 7.2(2) (UR) license on the PIX-535-UR-BUN and Firewall Version 7.2(2) (FO) license on the PIX-535-FO-BUN? Does a software upgrading change the license feature on a Cisco PIX Firewall?

Thank you guys in advance!

Dear friends,

I have one PIX-535-UR-BUN and one PIX-535-FO-BUN, below is their description:

PIX-535-UR-BUN:

Hardware: PIX-535, Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3), Unrestricted (UR) license, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 1000 MHz, Flash 16MB

PIX-535-FO-BUN:

Hardware: PIX-535, Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3), Failover Only (FO) license, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 1000 MHz, Flash 16MB

I would like to upgrade both of them to Cisco PIX Firewall Version 7.2(2) but have some questions, can you kindly help me out ?

1. It is said on Cisco.com that pix722.bin is the software and "PIX OS version 7.2(2) software. Requires a minimum of 16 MB Flash and 64 MB RAM. IMPORTANT- Read the Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.2 and Release Note prior to downloading this release. " I searched through Cisco.com but was not able to find "the Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.2 and Release Note " Do any of you know where I can find it?

2. If I use pix722.bin to upgrade both of these two PIXes, are they going to have Firewall Version 7.2(2) (UR) license on the PIX-535-UR-BUN and Firewall Version 7.2(2) (FO) license on the PIX-535-FO-BUN? Does a software upgrading change the license feature on a Cisco PIX Firewall?

Thank you guys in advance!

1. not sure

2. u will lost all the license .. back to default

the key for pix is to apply for a certain SPECIFIC version only

hello my frndz

well the link you requested is available on Cisco

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/pix_upgrade/upgrade/guide/pixupgrd.html

it contains all the relevant information desired

Hope this helps . I would req u that if u have already done this then kindly update the case notes.