Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haigboy

~passed~ 70-649

35 posts in this topic

Consolidated Passed 70-649 Topic

DO NOT REQUEST DUMPS, WHICH VERSION, OR REPLY TO THEM HERE. SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED

Moderator's Note:

Following details are recommended to post:

1. Material used (no reference to dumps), examples include: Books from Cisco Press or Sybex, Videos, Classes you attended, Instructors or Mentors, etc.

2. Learning Plan (your own story)

3. Suggestions for members

Additionally, you may add following details to your post:

1. That you've passed (successfully or unsuccessfully)

2. Your score (example may look like this: 700/1000)

3. The time you had been given for the exam (not the time you personally took to pass it!)

4. Number of questions

5. Types of questions (sims, hot spots, drag & drops, multiple choice, single choice)

6. Your personal exam experience

Your posts must not include:

1. Any references to dumping material of any origin

2. Requests and offers of any kind

3. Unnecessary comments like: "Thanks", "Congrats", and similar

4. live links

5. Quotes of other members. (We want your own story.)

Violators:

1. Violations will be given warnings.

2. Three strikes and you will not be allowed to post here for 30-days.

Chances are you worked hard and studied for months for your certification. Let's give everyone else the opportunity to earn their own integrity and dignity just like we did.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Edited by Chargerhawk

Hi Guys,

Sat the exam a few hours ago. Only one new question and that was about an office 2007 deployment via group policy to sales ou's and child ou's. Scored 1000/1000.

If anyone else has any questions please let me know.

Cheers

Biz

Edited by Chargerhawk

***Moderator's Note***

This consolidated passed topic has been cleaned!

According to forum rule regulations, the posting of dump references, requests or offers, and posting comments like "thanks" or "congrats" are not allowed in these forums. Members who violate against those rules will have their posts deleted on spot and their warning levels increased!

Thank you for your co-operation.

Charger

Hi,

Really easy exam, if you have a bit of experience and knowledge in difference of 2008 server from 2003 server.

So 1000/1000 and now I'm MCTS on 2008.

Next step MCITP

Bye

Hi Friends,

Can you please tell me which material you used to prepare the 70-649 (MCTIP Upgrade from Win 2k3 to Win Server 2008)?

I need to give 70-649 exam ASAP.

Thanks

ZS

Hi Friends,

Can you please tell me which material you used to prepare the 70-649 (MCTIP Upgrade from Win 2k3 to Win Server 2008)?

I need to give 70-649 exam ASAP.

Thanks

ZS

Just remember that materials are not regarded as dumps, I hope you understand the FAQ and rules of Sadikhov, Thanks

Do you have any details on the number of question and the type, for example, number of simulations, drag & drop, etc, or are they all multiple choice?

Thanks

Do you have any details on the number of question and the type, for example, number of simulations, drag & drop, etc, or are they all multiple choice?

Thanks

Is it really important ? OK there is just no simulations

Is it really important ? OK there is just no simulations

I'm just trying to get as much info before taking the exam.

As the exam is a combination of several others (70-640, 70-642 and 70-643), does this change the number of questions asked, i.e. is it still around 70 questions?

Hi Iamthebiz,

I am planning to give this exam

***moderated*** No request for dumps allowed. Please read rules & FAQs and check moderator's note on top of this topic.

Edited by mip104

Hi everyone,

I am studying some material for this exam. Has anybody done this exam recently? I would like to make some questions about it.

Thanx!!

O.k. I am confused. I thought that if you took this exam 70-649, it upgrade your MCSE to an MCITP but I just read something that said it doesn't. When you read the information on Microsofts site that is the impression they give?

70-649 is an upgrade for MCSE 2003 to 3 MCTS on server 2008, further more you will need to pass 70-624 or 70-620 to gain the MCITP:EA

Edited by mip104

Great, I took my vista 70-620 as one of my MCSE. Thanks for the information I appreciate it. What type of stuff did you use to study for this? Where it is so new I haven't seen a lot of stuff out there.

Drew

Edited by mip104

Have a look at :

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/learning/exams/70-649.mspx

list of books:

http://learning.microsoft.com/Manager/Catalog.aspx?clang=en-US&dtype=Table&Sort=PublicationDateDescending&page=1&search=Windows%20and%20Server%20and%202008&cats={803f37c6-1c6b-4905-812f-7367c606d0aa}

list of e-learning:

http://learning.microsoft.com/Manager/Catalog.aspx?clang=en-US&dtype=Table&Sort=PublicationDateDescending&page=1&search=Windows%20and%20Server%20and%202008&cats={337eb1e4-98e6-480a-a5fb-8b7b3a282c9c}

Edited by mip104

Question to people which have already passed examination, whether is in examination simulations?

Thanks!

I'm thinking in doing this in a 2 month timeframe, what are the basis covered on this exam? any special area I should focus more?

PS: Don't mind my signatura, I just cant change it anymore lol

PS: Don't mind my signatura, I just cant change it anymore lol

Yes, there was a problem that prevented some users from being able to edit their signature. That one should have been solved about 2 days ago or so.

So please try again to edit it if you like. Let us know if you still run into any issues.

***MODERATED*** Requests are not allowed according to the rules, I suggest you to follow the rules

Edited by mip104

All,

I'm sitting the exam at the end of October and using The Real MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-649 Prep Kit from Syngress. ***MODERATED*** I know you don;t want any dumps, any way discussing about any properties of dumps is not allowed I DON'T want any dumps or anything just a bit of friendly advice.

Thanks in advance

GoldenEagle666

Edited by mip104